Pages

Friday 13 April 2012

Welcome to my Blog!!





My name is Lea, mother to a precious little boy, Javier & fiance to my sweetheart, Sam. I am so excited to be able to share with all of you, the journey which has brought me to this monumental point in my life.

I have always had a love of anything beautiful whether it be furniture, design, food or fashion however, I took the easy route when I first entered the workforce and went for the 'safe' option - Human Resource Management or more commonly known, recruitment!! I know a far cry from developing a mineral make up range, but at that time I was young, chasing the money & wanted to wear the suits & live the corporate career girls life.

I am not saying it was a bad decision, the motives may have been questionable however, it provided me with so much experience & I acquired so many skills that enabled me to travel the world, work with some very talented people & push boundaries that I never thought I was capable of doing.

Somehow though, I always craved the need to be creative, so whilst in London, I made a brave decision to turn my back on what was familiar and try my hand at something new - a make up artist.  It was like I came alive, my canvas was the faces of woman, my passion was immediately ignited & the new me emerged.....so in typical Lea style, it just could not stop there,  I saw a gap in the market for make up for darker skin tones. Every time I spoke to someone who had olive to dark skin, they complained how they could never find the right colour match, so a seed was planted.

Years later, after continuing to make the faces up of so many women whilst still holding a career in corporate world, I met the love of my life, Sam to whom I created the most amazing little being in our son. So as the hormones kicked in, the nesting phase started, so did that little seed in my head & the quest began to find a company that would develop & manufacture what I wanted, where the ingredients are pure, sourced in Australia to our quality standards & I had control over what colours I could make. Well i was lucky enough to find such a partnership & things soon got underway. Next Sundari was the chosen brand name, as it represents my Sri Lankan heritage  & translates from sanskrit to mean 'beautiful'. The rest as they say is history.

So now, I am living my dream one day at a time - a full range developed, launched, design & packaging is on its way, a website I am very proud of that captures the essence of Sundari thanks to a team of amazing people. Online shopping is now available & next is seeing it on the shelves of boutiques, pharmacies & hopefully one day in the big chain stores.

I have so many more experiences to share with you, so I will give you a sneak peek of what has been happening in the past 6 months....stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment